Mythic : The Thursday Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Leading off with the question asked more than a hundred times in eleven hours:

Q: Will we be able to customize the facial features of our existing characters with Catacombs, or is that only available for newly created characters?

A: All characters will be able to change their faces whenever they want. To do so, you’ll need to speak to a particular NPC, and then log out to the character screen. Tweak to your heart’s content.

Q: Just noticed this about the most recent grab bag: I went to the Oracle for your other questions. ”There is no resist available to players for essence damage, which is what Poisonspike does. And no, the envenom skill has nothing to do with it. And yes, there is a chance to resist it like any other spell/poison/dot.”

That said, the sojurner master level 7 ability provides resistance to essence damage.

A: Ah, the exception that proves the rule. I should have caught that – thanks for your help.

Q: I get Mau Mane Hair from killing mau's... I can find info where to turn them in for exp in alb, but no info on where to in hib. Can you help me?

A: The Patch Queen says, ” For Hibernia, you turn the hair in to Madadh in the Haven of Stygia.”

Q: I was just wondering why I can't name my character (insert name here) on (insert server here) when I did a search on the Herald, and the name isn't taken.

A: The Herald only displays characters that were logged in and played. If someone rolled a character, created a name, and completed the process (such that the character appeared on the character select screen but never logged in), the name would be saved, but the Herald wouldn’t know about it.

Also, we have a number of names stashed in the filter. Our filter is by no means comprehensive, but we have a number of gods and goddesses, major characters from fantasy and science fiction (how many elves named Laurana or Aragorn, or wizards named Raistlin can we change before we go crazy after all), and various nasty words included.

Finally, the filter isn’t any too bright, either – for example, because “Artemis” is on the filter, you cannot name your character “Falartemisia” because “artemis” is part of the name.

Q: Due to Real Life issues I had been out of the game when TOA came out. I've been back for a while now and I'm collecting gear to outfit my Druid(quests mostly) and I'm a little confused as to Empathy/Acuity Cap Bonuses on items. My question is do they stack? Or do you get a total of +25 from whatever combo of Empathy/Acuity Cap Bonus Items you have?

A: From our beloved item mistress: ”The Acuity Cap bonus is used interchangeably with the Empathy, Charisma, Intelligence, and Piety bonuses. They do not stack and the total amount you can have equipped between the bonuses is equal to half of your character's level.

Q: I've got Crown of Zahur and Cloudsong to level ten. Everytime I use the level ten ability while I have a pet charmed it cancels my charm and the ability takes over. This isn't good, hehe, as I then have a level fifty-three pet chasing me. If I recharm the pet it then cancels the ability of whatever item I used at the time. Is it supposed to work that way?

A: Yes – again, our Mistress: ”It's actually intended to work this way. Players must choose if they wish to run their normal songs and chants or if they want to use the artifact spells. They cannot use both.

Q: In a previous grab bag you stated that bow speed does not effect bow
range, but I've noticed that standing in the same spot on an NPC that does not move or spawn in another spot (keep or tower archers for example) I can hit them with the slow bows but not the fast one from a certain range. While there may not be a range/speed connection, do the slower crafted bows have more range than the faster crafted bows?

A: Questions like this always get my nose twitching. I replied to this gentleman and requested more information, so that I could get to the bottom of this seeming discrepancy. Here’s more from my correspondent:

“I replicated the issue with a 4.0 speed crafted bow, and a 5.5 speed crafted bow using flight footed broadhead arrows. Gothwaite harbor next to the forge on the corner of the wall. My loc was 29782, 51266. Elevation was 3264, direction was 110. Was /facing the target. Target's loc was 31757, 52003. Target's elevation was 3168. I have some logs, but it’s difficult to show with them because I was unsure of the distance. I can get some logs later tonight. I first noticed this issue in Thidranki. With a 5.5 bow standing on the very top of Albion's bridge I could attack the hunter NPCs, but with a 4.0 bow in the same loc using the same arrows I couldn't hit him.”

Okay, now we’re cooking with gas. This went to a coder and our item mistress to solve. First, our Code Ed: ”It could be that the bows have different ranges on them. My answer to the question of "Does speed affect range?" is still no, from a code perspective. What ranges/speeds are set on the object is completely the world team's decision…

So, what’s the deal, Mistress? ”I checked through the Hib recurve bows. The range on them does vary from 1600 to 1680 units and the range set does not necessarily correspond to the speed. So, it's actually quite possible to even have two bows of the same speed but different ranges.

A ha! As a result of this conversation, I have made a request for bow ranges to be added to /delve.

For all of you with similar mysteries – I included this question so you could see the kind of detail I need to avoid comparing apples to oranges. Thanks in advance!

Our technical and billing support form works once more. Please remember, this form ONLY deals with billing and technical support issues. All unrelated issues are not even read – our tech support team doesn’t have time, and needs to get to the issues they are trained to address. Thanks!

The submissions for the calendar contest are great so far! By the way, art doesn’t need to be brand new – for example, the guy who won the Vault art contest is welcome to use the same piece of artwork for our calendar contest. As long as you are the artist, and you control the rights to your work, it’s eligible. So get to sketching! http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/calendar/

All righty. I’m not going to be here tomorrow, so look out for our Missy to post about some fun weekend eye candy for your trick or treat bags… see you around the pumpkin patch.
Source.

Traduction en cours.
Merci

Et pour les noms, GOA n'applique pas cette règle il me semble?
Y a pas moyen pour un joueur de poser des questions à Mythic histoire de réparer les véritables problèmes en jeu ?

Quand j'écris à GOA ils répondent "Oui euh c'est pas nous c'est Mythic" et quand j'écris à Mythic c'est "You're playing on european servers you must send email to GOA".
(Mythic.
TLs.

Accessoirement, Mythic publie régulièrement des questions de joueurs européens, et on ne m'a jamais personnellement renvoyé vers GOA : sauf si bien entendu je reporte pour un bug qui a déjà été corrigé sur les serveurs US ou qui concerne un ajout de GOA.)
Citation :
Q: Will we be able to customize the facial features of our existing characters with Catacombs, or is that only available for newly created characters?

A: All characters will be able to change their faces whenever they want. To do so, you’ll need to speak to a particular NPC, and then log out to the character screen. Tweak to your heart’s content.
Celà veut il dire que nous pourrons changer autant de fois de look que nous le voulons ?
Citation :
Publié par emanuelle
en passant faudra m'expliquer pourquoi un scoot breton tirerai plus loin qu'il viking chasseur ou qu'un celte ranger....
parce que le mid utilse une arme a deux mains et a une porte de tir plus courte
parce que le hib utilise deux armes et a une portée de tir moyenne
et que les alb utilise des boubou et une portée longue de tir

C tjs cela que l'on m'a dit et personnellement j'ai tjs eu la sensation que c moi qui tirai le moins loin
Message hors-roleplay
- Le système de personnalisation du visage proposé par Catacombes ne concerne pas que les nouveaux personnages, tous les personnages pouvant changer quand ils le désirent en parlant au PNJ approprié, puis en déconnectant pour accéder à l'écran de sélection des personnages.

- La compétence des Anciens "Résistance des Atlantes" des Nomades est la seule manière d'augmenter sa résistance Essence et donc de diminuer l'effet de la compétence Caltrops Empoisonnés dont il était question dans le dernier grab bag.

- Les hiberniens, qui reçoivent un Poil de Crinière de Mau en en tuant peuvent le donner à Madadh au havre de Stygie.

- Les chroniques n'affichent pas les personnages qui n'ont jamais été connectés : si quelqu'un crée un personnage, mais ne le connecte pas, son nom sera bloqué mais les chroniques ne l'afficheront pas.

De plus, un certain nombre de noms sont bloqués, notamment des noms de dieux et déesses, ou des personnages majeurs de la science fiction et de l'héroïque-fantasy, ainsi que des mots hors charte. Or ce filtre bloque aussi les noms qui contiennent ces termes interdits.

- Les bonus de cap d'acuité sont interchangeables avec les bonus de cap d'empathie, de charisme, d'intelligence et de piété, ne se cumulent pas et leur total est capé au niveau du personnage divisé par deux.

- Les joueurs ayant la Couronne de Zahur et/ou Chantenuée doivent choisir entre leurs chants classiques et celui de leur artefact, et ne peuvent cumuler les deux. C'est le fonctionnement normal et voulu de ces artefacts.

- Dans un précédent grab bag, il a été dit que la vitesse d'un arc n'affecte pas sa portée, mais des tests de joueur ont montré qu'il y avait pourtant une différence entre certains arcs. Cela n'infirme cependant pas le fait que la vitesse et la portée de l'arc ne sont pas corrélées, ce sont deux facteurs choisis indépendamment. Ainsi, les arcs courbes d'Hibernia ont une portée allant de 1600 à 1680 unités, et la différence n'est pas liée à leur vitesse : il est donc possible d'avoir des arcs ayant la même portée et des vitesses différentes et inversement.
La suggestion d'afficher la portée des arcs de manière visible dans leurs informations a été transmise à l'équipe correspondante.
DAoC - Albion
Citation :
Publié par Nof Samedisthjofr
- La compétence des Anciens "Résistance des Atlantes" des Nomades est la seule manière d'augmenter sa résistance Essence et donc de diminuer l'effet de la compétence Caltrops Empoisonnés dont il était question dans le dernier grab bag.
Intéressant ça.

Citation :
Publié par Nof Samedisthjofr
- Dans un précédent grab bag, il a été dit que la vitesse d'un arc n'affecte pas sa portée, mais des tests de joueur ont montré qu'il y avait pourtant une différence entre certains arcs. Cela n'infirme cependant pas le fait que la vitesse et la portée de l'arc ne sont pas corrélées, ce sont deux facteurs choisis indépendamment. Ainsi, les arcs courbes d'Hibernia ont une portée allant de 1600 à 1680 unités, et la différence n'est pas liée à leur vitesse : il est donc possible d'avoir des arcs ayant la même portée et des vitesses différentes et inversement.
La suggestion d'afficher la portée des arcs de manière visible dans leurs informations a été transmise à l'équipe correspondante.
Ce serait excellent d'ajouter cette information.
Citation :
Publié par The Passenger
Non je pense qu'il faut comprendre qu'un personnage existant pourra changer de tête quand il le souhaitera mais qu'une fois.
tout a fait, matt fryor l'a bien expliqué on aura le droit de tt changer de son apparence a part le sexe et la race de depart, mais une seule et unique fois.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés