Mythic : The "Whaddya Mean It's Not Thursday" Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Sorry it's a bit rushed tonight, gang. I genuinely thought it was Thursday until about three hours ago. Mind you, I also believe in my heart of hearts that it's still August. Where the heck did 2004 GO?!

Q: Who won the movie contest?

A: Our winner was Mystr Byrnz, the creator of “My Immortal.” (It was quite a contest – the runners up were also top quality films. In no particular order: “The Boys Are Back” by Kallisti, “New Frontiers Adventure” by Howard Zoom, and “McGregor’s Kilts” by Coffey.) Unfortunately for me, they all have borrowed soundtracks. Unless the director owns the music, I can’t host them on the Herald.

Fortunately, our friends at the Vault have these fine films ready for your enjoyment! (Some users need to download a file in order to view “My Immortal” – go here: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/ if you can’t see the winning movie.)

Check out the news article here: http://camelotvault.ign.com/#2123, and make some popcorn!

Q: When does the beta start?

A: Technically, it starts next week – but only for our team leads and internal testers. We will expand that group to our Pendragon testers, and a few other small groups as soon as possible. After that, we’ll have our Roundtable participants and other prize winners (currently scheduled for early November, but it could be earlier if all goes well).

Please note that the beta sign up form I’ll be putting up in the next two weeks is for the final phase of beta in mid-November. Keep an eye on the Herald!

Q: Someone casting Forceful Zephyr forced me off my horse! Is this an exploit?

A: This is not an exploit. Whether we leave it this way in the game is something we’re discussing, but it’s not considered an exploit if this spell forces you off your horse or boat. I appreciate the feedback on the topic.

Q: How do I cancel an appeal?

A: Just type, all one word: /cancelappeal

Those behind you in line thank you very much.

Q: I have a question about the free experience/bonus level system.

A: Most questions can be answered by this lovely FAQ page: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1651.shtml. If your question isn’t there (and isn’t about the opt-out option – your feedback on that issue has been passed to the dev team, I promise!), please let me know and I’ll look into it.

Q: I am a necromancer, and I am unable to pick up Kalare’s Necklace after my pet kills the NPC.

A: You’re not meant to be able to do this quest alone – you should bring along a friend who can pick the necklace up for you.

Q: My house was repossessed, and I found most of my stuff on the local repo man. But what about all the stuff on my consignment merchant? Is it just gone?!

A: No, it’s not, but you might have to hike a bit to get it all back. The local repo men have most of your stuff, but the consignment merchant repo guys are only found in the main market place for the realm, and don’t have their function in their floating names. Here are their names and their locations:

Midgard: In Erikstead, the merchants are named Ulfar and Drafli
Hibernia: In Meath, they are called Kineth and Shyla
Albion: In Caerwent, they’re known as Fyren and Vivian

Q: There’s a side quest associated with the quest called Origins of Harpies, where an NPC sends you to forage for four items. While you’re foraging, three other items can come up as well as the four you’re looking for. When I was doing this quest, I didn’t get all three of the “extra” items. Is this a bug?

A: No, but it’s a perfect example of why spell checkers aren’t infallible.

(pauses for groans from the English majors out there)

The “extra” items (which can be taken to another NPC and made into nifty little trinkets) are just that – extra. Once the fourth “real” item is found, you can’t get any more of the extra items (though you can always trade with other players and acquire the whole set). Thus, the number and type of extra items uncovered as you forage is entirely random, and up to luck. It’s not a bug, it’s a spin on the wheel of fortune.

The hardware and software upgrade to Pendragon went very well. So well that we’re going to start upgrading the hardware and software for all our other servers! We have always added new machines to each server cluster for every expansion, but we’ve rarely entirely retired our older machines, and never done a full scale upgrade. For our third birthday, we bought ourselves a whole lot of new equipment. Unfortunately, to install that new equipment requires an entire day for every three servers.

Over the next six weeks, Wednesday will be our upgrade day. Wednesday, October 6th is currently scheduled as the upgrade day for Mordred, Pellinor, and Nimue. Those three will be down from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM as we make full data backups, install new operating systems, hook up brand new hardware, and fully test each rig before hooking the patchers back up. We really appreciate your patience as we make these upgrades, and we hope that you’ll see a smoother running world afterwards.

I met a lot of wonderful people at the Roundtable, and heard about new websites for Camelot news and information. The boys at Shadow’s Edge Gamer were lots of fun, and have many interesting things cooking. Give ‘em a look.

That’s it for me, gang – see you Monday!
Source : The Camelot Herald.

Traduction demain matin.
Citation :
Publié par Gaap
je conseil de suivre le lien pour les vidéos, My Immortal est absolument sublime ( )
Pardonnez cet anglicisme mais :
!! O M G !!

Cette video la est incroyable !!
Message hors-roleplay
- Lors de la convention de jeu GenCon ayant eu lieu à Las Vegas, un concours de vidéos réalisées en jeu a été réalisé par Mythic, entre autres animations. Le grand gagnant est "My Immortal", de Mystr Byrnz, [NdT : dont le moins que l'on puisse dire est qu'elle est émouvante ]. Les trois autres places du podium sont occupées par “The Boys Are Back” de Kallisti, “New Frontiers Adventure” de Howard Zoom et “McGregor’s Kilts” de Coffey. On regrettera juste la présence systématique d'une bande sonore non libre de droits, empêchant ainsi leur hébergement par Mythic et leur utilisation future [NdT : la vidéo gagnante devait se retrouver sur les cédéroms des prochaines versions du jeu, ce qui ne pourra pas être le cas].
En attendant, les vidéos peuvent être trouvée via le site ign.com et les codecs nécessaires pour les lire sur le site xvidmovies.com.

- Le test bêta fermé de Catacombs débutera cette semaine, accueillant les testeurs de Mythic et les Team Leaders. Puis les utilisateurs habituels du serveur test Pendragon, et enfin une troisième vague, en novembre, constituée des gagnants de concours et des participants de la GenCon.
Mi-novembre, le test devrait être public [NdT : comprendre "ouvert à tous les possesseurs d'un compte Mythic valide et doté des extensions adéquates"] via un formulaire sur le Herald.

- La Compétence des Anciens Zéphyr peut pousser ses victimes à bas de cheval ou hors de bateau, stoppant net leur avancée. Ce n'est pas une erreur, mais est voulu. Le fait de le conserver ou non est en cours de discussion.

- Pour toute question sur le système de niveaux gratuits, consultez cette FAQ. [NdT : implémenté en 1.71, traduite sur notre site.]

- Les prêtres d'Arawn ne peuvent pas faire la quête du collier de Kalare seuls : ils doivent être accompagnés d'un ami qui ramassera le collier pour eux.

- Si votre maison est détruite car vous n'en avez pas payé l'entretien, vous pouvez retrouver les biens qui étaient chez votre marchand revendeur chez les PNJs suivant, situés aux marchés :

Midgard : Ulfar et Drafli de Erikstaad.
Hibernia : Kineth et Shyla de Meath,
Albion : Fyren et Vivian de Caerwent

- Il y a une quête associée à celle nommée "L'origine des harpies", où un PNJ vous demande des objets mineurs. Or, il est possible que vous n'ayez pas tous les objets possibles : ce n'est pas une erreur, mais voulu. Les objets bonus que vous obtenez sont aléatoires, vous pouvez tous les avoir, aucun, certains en double, etc. Il ne vous reste plus qu'à faire du troc pour avoir la collection complète.

- La structure logicielle et matérielle des serveurs commerciaux de Mythic va être remplacée en vue de Catacombes. Si à chaque extension, de nouvelles machines sont ajoutées pour chaque univers, cette fois-ci elles seront intégralement remplacées : la man½uvre sera fastidieuse, puisque prenant un jour complet pour trois serveurs.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés