[Officiel Mythic] It's a Groovy Kind of Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Not a Phil Collinsy sort of groovy. One bonus cookie to the first player who knows what sort of groovy I mean!

Q: I was wondering what “+skill” does to skills such as Augmentation and Pacification.

A: Code Ed responds! ” When casting a buff, the effectiveness of the buff is determined by comparing the skill of the caster in that type of spell versus the level of the spell being cast. If the caster's skill level is higher, the buff is fully effective. If the skill level is lower however, the level of effectiveness of the spell starts dropping off. The + Aug on gear directly affects the skill level in this check as does the skill gained per realm rank.

Q: Spawn rate question: In some cases you can kill a placeholder mob in an area to cause a different mob to spawn. An example would be to get the Deep-Chasm Matriarch, you might have to kill regular octopi in the area.

Other mobs are rare spawns that just don't pop up too often such as Night Terror.

Some folks believe that if you are too close to the area where the rare mob usually spawns, it will greatly lower the chance that the mob will spawn.

What are the facts regarding what players can do, or not do, to affect the spawn rates of named mobs?

A: This is the kind of question I usually get in trouble for answering, because there’s no "hard and fast rule with no exceptions" that I can give you.

Most “named” mobs, such as the Deep Chasm Matriarch and the Night Terror, are simply rare. Some are rarer than others, obviously. These are bosses, artifact encounter spawns, etc. You can see a host of old grab bags where I discuss this. Sometimes player feedback convinces us that we’ve set a frequency too low. *cough*Night Terror*cough* Usually, player feedback is successful when the spawn frequency is out of balance with the level of the item the player is trying to acquire.

(Sometimes we really meant the spawn frequency and drop rate to be low, and the item in question is cool enough that we want to severely restrict their entry into the game. You’re always free to write in with your comments, and I do read it all, so keep it clean and concise.)

However, that’s not to say that we don’t have monster generators with more than one type of monster. Usually, those are common monsters, though, not quests or rare encounters. A particular spawn point might produce skeletons, beetles, and snakes. There won’t be more than a certain number of skeletons until you clear out some snakes, etc.

And there are some generators in the game (not many, but some) where if you happen to be standing within a small radius from the generator, you’ll prevent a spawn. These are not generally used for named, rare monsters (since their frequency rates are considered enough of an impediment to the process), but this type of generator does exist for quest purposes.

Now, when you sum up all the hedging (some, usually, most), there’s no clear answer. I can think of exceptions to all three “rules” off the top of my head.

My advice: Go ahead and clear camps. You might as well be getting loot and experience while you’re waiting for something to happen. It might not make anything spawn faster, but it beats sitting around growing mold. And while you’re at it, move around. You’ll get better experience, it is to be hoped you won’t be bored, you might enjoy the change in scenery, and if you do happen to be waiting on a generator with a radius check, you won’t mess yourself up by accident. The game rewards those who do not merely camp.

Q: Does the RA MoS allow a MoS5 assassin to detect a MoS3 assassin from longer range? It sounds like from the description The Herald gives he would not, because its says MoS does not work on other assassins. I believe most assassins think it does help them detect/avoid other assassins. Thanks.

A: You answered your own question, to some extent . Sayeth the Oracle: ”MoS is for use by archers detecting archers or archers detecting assassins or assassins detecting archers (unless, of course, the archer has Camouflage up). It won't work for assassins detecting assassins because it's set up so that it won't work when both the detector and the dectectee (is that a word?) both have Detect Hidden.

This question is an excellent opportunity for me to point out a small but crucial distinction in my world:

- If you happen to disagree with the above statement, and think that it should work differently, you are welcome to send feedback.

- If you believe that in the game, MoS is working in a different way from what I have said, you should report it in game as a bug.

- But, if it’s working exactly as I have reported here, and you don’t like it, you should NOT report it as a bug.

Our bug team is always busy, and it would sure help a lot if you could help keep the bug appeals focused on real bugs, and not feedback. Thanks very much in advance for your invaluable assistance.

Q: Where did the /level equipment guys in Tir na Nog go? [These merchants help to outfit our veteran players taking advantage of the /level 20 feature.]

A: Your Patch Queen tells me, ”The NPCs are in the following buildings in Tir na Nog: Aetheonyc, Carraent, Gwucyn, and Rhyryn are in the Green Rose Pub. Somyr and Caryan are in Cullin’s Inn.

Q: CSR Ithine suggested I send this question for the grab bag, so here goes...... I have 37+14 stealth vanish 2 and Mastery of stealth 3. I was recently surprised by the ability of another stealther to uncover me from what I would consider a great distance. Assuming that person used stealth lore, I used my vanish ability. I believe I evaded that person to a point where line of site would have prevented detection. However that person knew exactly where I was. My question is, does vanish negate stealth lore? And if so, does stealth lore become active again for the remainder of its duration when vanish spell drops?

A: I returned to the Oracle: ”Vanish exceeds all detection for its duration. Once the duration of Vanish has expired, normal stealth rules apply - which means Stealth Lore could detect him since Vanish was no longer in effect.

The results of the Herald Anthem Contest are in! We’re waiting to hear back from our chosen winners (check your email, ladies and gentlemen), but Missy’s put up some of the funniest as an appetizer for you to enjoy. The main course will be a cake and ale reception on Pendragon next week, where the winners will be saluted and their winning entries read to all those who attend. (Copy over to Pendragon this weekend if you'd like to attend this roleplay event.) If you can't make it, never fear - we'll post the winners and the runners up to the Herald, and the winning entries will also be featured on an NPC to be located in the main cities of each realm.

Check out the community news page, and remember – that page is for your news and tales. Submit your deeds!

GenCon fried my brain. First of all, I love all the people who were, in fact, there with bells on. Second of all, I’m utterly floored by how FAR some of you drove just to be there. And third, what a turnout! This was going to be a small, totally casual gathering. A few hours of chatting, a few beers, a lot of soda, nothing big, remember! I lost count at about a hundred and fifty players, and I know there were more.

One player drove from Canada. Not really-close-to-the-US Canada, either, but 700 miles of driving, Canada. Jason, man, my hat’s off to you. I will say your kind gift of genuine Canadian maple syrup got me searched at the airport. Apparently large and interestingly shaped bottles of viscous fluid are a cause for alarm in this day and age, go figure. I wasn’t leaving it behind, however, no way no how, so I could do no less than let the security forces of Indianapolis admire the wonders of Canadian syrup packaging.

I had the most *wonderful* time with everybody. I wish I could have taken more time with each group of people, and I feel awful for not making it all the way around the room. You all are the greatest. There is no group of gamers more fascinating, or more charming. As I was telling more than a few of the attendees, I love these events, and putting faces with famous – and infamous – names. It’s a privilege to work with you, and for you. I hope to see you all again (or for the first time) in Vegas!

On that note, I'm out. I'll see you Monday.
Source : The Camelot Herald

Traduction :

- Lorsque vous lancez un sort d'amélioration (buff), l'efficacité de celui-ci est déterminée en comparant la compétence du lanceur de sort avec le niveau du sort. Si la compétence est plus haute, alors le sort est pleinement efficace. Si elle est plus basse, alors l'efficacité commence à décroître. Les bonus de compétence apportés par les objets et les rangs de royaumes affectent directement la compétence lors de ce test.

- Il est difficile de répondre aux questions sur la manière de faire apparaître les monstres "nommés" (des créatures uniques dont le nom commence par une majuscule) : il n'y a pas de règle simple et universelle.

La plupart des monstres nommés, comme la Deep Chasm Matriarch ou la Night Terror, sont simplement rares. Certaines sont plus rares que d'autres : les "boss", les créatures liées aux artefacts, etc. Parfois, les commentaires des joueurs nous convainquent que la fréquence est trop basse, et celle-ci est alors augmentée. De manière générale, nous intervenons quand la puissance de l'objet est sans proportion avec la rareté de la créature qui permet de l'obtenir.

Parfois, nous voulons que la fréquence d'apparition et les chances d'avoir un objet soient très faibles, car l'objet est suffisamment puissant pour que nous voulions sévèrement restreindre sa circulation en jeu. Lorsque vous nous envoyez vos commentaires, gardez cela à l'esprit.

Ceci dit, les générateurs de monstres peuvent parfois être liés à divers types de monstres. Par exemple, un générateur peut produire des squelettes, des scarabées et des serpents. Le nombre de squelettes ne pourra pas augmenter tant que vous ne tuez pas les deux autres, etc. Ce système est généralement utilisé pour des monstres communs, pas pour des nommés.

Et il y a certains (mais pas tous) générateurs en jeu qui, lorsque vous vous trouvez dans un faible rayon par rapport à celui-ci, s'arrête temporairement de fonctionner. La encore, ce n'est généralement utilisé que pour des monstres communs ou de quête, la rareté des autres monstres nommés limitant déjà l'apparition des créatures.

Comme vous le voyez, il est difficile d'établir une règle générale.

Les conseils de Sanya : si vous attendez un monstre, commencez par nettoyer son camp : cela ne le fera sans doute pas apparaître plus vite, mais vous et vos amis gagnerez de l'expérience, des sous et des objets. Une fois le camp nettoyé, allez voir à côté : vous apprécierez le changement, plus amusant que de rester à attendre sur place, et surtout, si vous étiez dans le rayon d'un générateur qui se bloque en présence d'un personnage, vous éviterez de vous bloquer vous-même.
De manière générale, le jeu est prévu pour mieux récompenser les personnages qui ne campent pas.

- Un assassin avec la compétence de royaume Maître en furtivité V ne détectera pas de plus loin un sicaire avec Maître en furtivité III : si le détecté et le détecteur ont tout deux la compétence Detect Hidden, comme c'est le cas ici, la compétence ne fonctionne pas.
Elle fonctionne par contre pour permettre à un archer de détecter un assassin ou un autre archer (qui n'est pas Camouflé), ou pour permettre à un assassin de détecter un archer (là encore non Camouflé). Pas pour permettre à deux assassins de se détecter l'un l'autre.

Au passage :

- Si vous n'êtes pas d'accord avec ce fonctionnement du jeu, envoyez vos commentaires à Mythic via le formulaire ci-haut.

- Si vous constatez qu'en jeu, cela ne fonctionne pas de cette manière, reportez le comme un bug.

- Si vous constatez qu'en jeu, cela fonctionne exactement de cette manière, mais que vous n'aimez pas ça, ne le reportez PAS comme un bug.

L'équipe de débugage est très occupée, et cela ne l'aide pas si vous commencez à l'ennuyer pour des choses qui ne sont pas des bugs. Merci d'avance.

- Les PNJs de Tir na Nog distribuant du matériel aux personnages joueurs ayant utilisé la commande /level ont été déplacés dans les batîments suivants : Aetheonyc, Carraent, Gwucyn, et Rhyryn sont au Green Rose Pub, Somyr et Caryan à la Cullin’s Inn.

- La compétence de royaume Vanish, lorsqu'elle est active, empêche toute détection. Mais lorsqu'elle cesse de fonctionner, les règles normales s'appliquent, et quelqu'un utilisant par exemple l'effet Stealth Lore d'un de ses artefacts pourra repérer le fuyard.
Concernant le repop des named, j'avais cru comprendre qu'il avait un pourcentage de chance de pop par unité de temps. Par exemple : 5% de chance par heure. Avec un roll a chaque heure.
Quoiqu'il en soit cela expliquerai pourquoi on a tué deux fois Ylyssen une heure d'intervalle alors que :
Citation :
Big bad snake dude popped for us at 7400, 43000 in Typhon's Reach. I have only seen it once (when we killed it) since TOA was released. It is probably the rarest spawn I have ever seen in TOA so far.
(VoS)
Citation :
Publié par Oleane / Amo
Concernant le repop des named, j'avais cru comprendre qu'il avait un pourcentage de chance de pop par unité de temps. Par exemple : 5% de chance par heure.
(Oui, tout à fait : chaque monstre a deux variables, X et Y, et a X% de chance de chance d'apparaître, si la place est libre, tous les Y secondes. X et Y étant propre à chaque monstre : un monstre très commun aura 90% toutes les minutes, un monstre très rare 5% toutes les heures. Mais cela ayant été dit à répétition dans les tous derniers grab bags, Sanya est passée aux détails et exceptions, d'où le fait qu'elle n'ait pas ré-expliqué cela ici.)
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés