compte rendu du dev-chat du 1er juin

Partager Rechercher
Voici le compte rendu du dev-chat d'il y a quelques minutes :

Citation :
1. On the personal dragon there are 2 seats, can someone "drive" and the other cast spells or fire arrows, etc?
<Vuuar> yep.. :)

2. Can people build their house outside of non-PVP realms? Can a friend group or a guild build their own cities, walls, or even castles?
in other words, where can people build, and what can they build

<Vuuar> We can build near all you want, but we have to define what we will authorize during the beta phases, and how much density is it possible for technical reason.

3. Will crafters be able to name freely their artworks or will it be generated name ?
<Vuuar> Initialy, only high level item can be named by the crafters.... That's what we decided in Game Design.

4. How do we fight with a dragon? Can it shoot while it's flying? Can it use fire otherwise than with a fireball? How is experience distributed when the dragon kills someone?
<Vuuar> Dragon have his own attack mode, that you can manage if your skill is good enough. When you drive a dragon, it is like your pet, so you win the XP, you must have to win.... But you can be considere more powerfull with a dragon than none.. :)

5. From me, how is development going, what features or new technology will the next beta wave add to the game? And do you have a date for next wave of testers
<Vuuar> Dev told me than they prefer launch a new beta near the 15 june... With new server system and with full NPCs fights and manage system so 10 to 15 days later we will open more massively the beta test to others and in this stage we will take all people who are still waiting to enter (people who win something or been choosen but that we dont yet send log)

-- Can you please clarify that last sentence?
<Vuuar> Not all, but I thing we will take near 5 000 more beta testers soon, if all is going well. Actually, some guys are waiting to enter in beta, thay are been already choosen by aour team.. Infortunatly for them we don't send yet their log, because we waant to put them in next wave of beta test

6. Will we be able to improve the equipment or the abilities of the NPC guards we contract? Will it be possible to modify or create their routes/paths or the place from which they proctect the city/castle/keep?
<Vuuar> You can choice the kind of NPCs guard you need with different costs but you cant yet manage an equipment with a guard, you will be able only to change the NPC. I don't know if the path of NPcs can be edited by our players.. I have to ask to dev team.. But for sure if they give me permission, I will put it in the options.. I love the idea.. :)

7. Can you give us more information on macros? ie, will there be predefined macros for building, crafting, or hunting? On the same note, what is your stand on the use of 3rd Party Applications in DnL?
<Vuuar> I think it's too early to give more details about macros. The minimum in first release will be predefine macros like (continue to attack, go away etc...). The language of script will be impoved all time during the life of the game.. So, it's not the first priority for dev now, but it's a nice option, when all the management will be done
<Vuuar> Could you precise your last question about 3rd party application ?
-- Applications developed by players to work within the game such as macro programs, etc -- or perhaps player programmed side games that work through the dnl client program
<Vuuar> We will launch all the new communication system with the next phase of beta... Lot of things will change and will be more dynamic at this moment...macros programs will be certainly on guard by our GM team, we will not authorized abused use of them

8. Several people have asked if you have any news on a new website yet :)
<Vuuar> People are working on at the moment.... We will launch it current june

9. Will there be big quests related to alignment, which would give a temporary bonus to an alignment (Dark or Light)?
<Vuuar> Bonus wil be give to Dark or Light Only by GM in the game...
-- like a very hard quest and if a light guild finish it it'll grant bless to all the light, temporary bless of course
<Vuuar> Ok, I have to ask zedux about it if he can manage those kind of quest in his database.. :) good idea

10. Are stadiums/colliseums going to exist or any place where we can compete either fighting or participating for example in dodo's races?
<Vuuar> We will have stadium, for event.. and why not a dodo's race.. :)

11. Will We have to pay to download the game (or to buy a CD-Key) and the monthly fee or only the monthly fee? - has the distribution method been decided yet
<Vuuar> You effectively need to pay a CD key even if you download the game by our new system... We don't know yet how much we will take for... Depend on marketing decisions. The distribution method is not yet definitivly decided, but for sure our first hard core players will find in the first time DnL by download...

12. (No joker Vuuar :p) : will the wanted ones be able to group into communities (not guilds) to survive without entering the towns ?
<Vuuar> every players can manage them into communities.. we can't block that.. :) those players will have to manage their own town, but you will understand why i always took a joker for taht question.. :)

13. According to a previous Dev-Chat, skills will have multiple enhancing options. Does that mean that a fireball may be enhanced in accuracy, range, power or radius? Will it be possible to choose 2 or more enhancements as long as the skill points are available to do so?
<Vuuar> Yes, a spell like firewall could be enhanced with the number of points of skills you put in that skill... But the enhancement is automatic. I give you more infos about it...first : you have to put skills points in your skill tree. with the first skill point you access only one spell, for exemple fireball; each point you put in that skill, you enhance this spell; at 5 points (for exemple, can change, depend skill) you can access to a second spell in that skill, for example Fire Wall; Fire Ball and Firewall will be enhanced with each next skill point you put... So when you arrived to 20 points in one skill, you can use 5 spells in that skill with the forst spell really more powerfull that other player with only one skill point. hope i was enough clear.. :)

14. Can players avoid spells by moving or will it be impossible to avoid?(i.e. fireball)
<Vuuar> Depend the kind of spells.. some area spells work only in an area, so if you move you can escape those spells (like firewall),some others are target spells, for those one, only your Save Magics, Fire etc.. can help you to avoid them.. :). Target spells have a timer before to touch the target.. if you move enough quickly the spell will not touch you...

15. Did you think of the importance of animated and "realistic" medieval towns? I'm speaking of scripted NPC accomplishing more or less random actions, to give an impression of more inhabited town? The best solution would be that social PCs' action make the town animated ... What are you planning according to this questions ? (which to me it's as important to have interesting towns as to have a good fighting system ... )
<Vuuar> Our policy for cities is to use NPCs only if PCs are not enough for trade and craft

16. In an interview, you said about new members of DnL team only dedicated to the community, can you tell us more ? names ? when will we see them ?..
<Vuuar> You will have more infos about them current june with the launch of the next wave of beta testers. We are under NDA still now, even if some rumors are running.. :)

17. There have been a few questions on the ganheptameneron. Do you plan on adding to it, and will you publish a real book containing it
<Vuuar> It exist more texts around the Ganheptameron, I have no plan to edit a book at this time.. I don't know if there is enough demand for.. :)

18. Will cities managed by player be able to rivalize with Al-Drifa (for example) in power, or influence?
<Vuuar> I think The main cities of KIngdoms, for Prince management can become really powerfull. But AlDrifa will certainly stay the first step for a lot of quests that others cities can't challenge it..

19. Will you be attending ECTS this year? Neo and Bensor are dying to know
<Vuuar> I don't think so, ECTS were really not a good show last year... WE prefer to be concentrate for the release of the game.. We are sure that we are on the true now with E3.. We HAVE to launch the game now...More quickly as possible with the more quality as possible.. ;)

20. Will it be possible to sail in your own boats? And if so, will there be different types? and is there weather management for big storms and tsunamis
<Vuuar> I think those management of weather will depend only about the dev of Pix... If Pix have enough time to dev them before the first release it will be a pleasure to put them, but it's not in the first planning of the release... I really think that the management of the sea (undersea or others effects) will come few months after the release

21. How will names be handled? Will each name be unique, or can you have the same first name as someone else, but a different "last name"? Will numbers and non-traditional characters be prohibited?
<Vuuar> I cant answer to that question, because it's really not the difficulty to program it, but the main trouble is to make a choice.. I think we will work with our beta testers about this subject to make the best choice.. :)

22. On both video we have seen some fighting scenes, but the people fighting were not really looking like fighting people, because of their posture : is it scheduled to give them a more "combative" attitude when fighting ?
<Vuuar> for sure, for this videos, we haven't yet implemented the skills management.. so each posture will be link to a skill, and so you will really have more combative attitude. We wanted to show you how we can manage figting system in DnL, wih some new effects and more immersive action...

23. I read in an interview that the DnL release-date was planned to be in January 2005. Is this date definate, or could it be later/earlier?
<Vuuar> Depend on our marketing launch time.But I think December seams good for a launch time, that's why January was given to press... Even if dev can be finish before, tests can take time to make a good game

24. Will the warriors have a skill to resist and prevent them to be thrown away by the blast effects from some spells ?
<Vuuar> For sure.. :) Depend of the power of the caster and the power of the warrior...I read that DnL will be a mago land... In that vieo you don't see any special fight system from warriors.. For sure i will read that DnL will be a Warrior land too.. ;)

25. Will there be more flying tamable mounts like pegasus or other strange flying creatures ?
<Vuuar> Dev said me that we can mount every creature we can... For sure depending of the size.. So Those creature depend really that we will decide.. And I can say you that I like flying creature for DnL.. :)

26. Will players be able to play farmer and manage their fields and crops? Like plant, cultivate, and harvest?
<Vuuar> For farmers, I must have more infos from Devs, I don't know yet how far we can go in this way at the release

27. Have you planned tools to encourage guilds alliances like reduced cost, figthing bonus, crafting help...etc ?
<Vuuar> Tools fo guilds will be make by working with Players, Game Masters and our Dev Team.. We are really open about Guilds tools, but that will come really during the last test of the game and the firsts months of the release...

28. Will the beta test area (in game) get larger? especially for the open beta? so many testers concentraded in the same small realm, do you think it will be too much? (beta zone seen during the IRL at Paris)
<Vuuar> lol.. that so small area is bigger than all everquest.. :). We have some options of strategy to take about zones, but we really want to not show all the territories to our testers, because the exploration is really important in DnL

29. Will there be special places of exceptional beauty or architecture in Ganareth, like the Seven Wonders of the World? Example, a gigantic stone monument of a great king carved in a mountain?
<Vuuar> Read the Ganheptameron... Beautifull cities exist.. you will have to find them.. :)

30. Will we be able to fight in the air (like glider fights)
<Vuuar> Dev told me that it's possible, We have to manage it.. :)

31. Can crafters who trade goods make large caravan trains to transport their goods between towns. and can they be raided and burnt?
<Vuuar> We really haev a nice caravan system.. And yes caravan can be attack by others.. :)

32. Will sky fight will be possible ?
<Vuuar> I think really so, but we have to manage it, to be enough interested and playable for you... :)
résultat ... vivement mi juin ;)
Moi c'est la réponse 31 ma préférée
Ca va être sympa de faire des embuscades pour voler des convois.

J'ai bien aimé aussi l'intervention de Kimuji : * EverQuest was just Owned by Vuuar *
huhu l'anglais de Vuuar est pas terrible terrible .

Citation :
10. Are stadiums/colliseums going to exist or any place where we can compete either fighting or participating for example in dodo's races?
<Vuuar> We will have stadium, for event.. and why not a dodo's race..
Yeahh run mon poulet !
traduction rapide bravo

qu'en pensez vous ? j'ai l'impression qu'il reste de moins en moins de temps et pourtant il y a de plus en plus de nouvelles possibilités ... impressionnant s'ils tiennent les délais
C'est la fête des smiles cette interview.
Il fallait bien que je trouve quelque chose à critiquer
Des questions très intéressantes, des réponses souvent franches. Ils arrivent encore à dépasser mes attentes alors que tout ce qui était annoncé me réjouissait énormément déjà...
Si seulement je n'avais pas d'expériences très négatives lors de release de mmorpg j'y croirais totalement ... mais je ne peux m'empêcher de douter. Si seulement ....

Bon je vous laisse, mon maillot de bain est prêt, crême solaire ok, serviette de bain, valise, ... <jette un oeil au prix des billets d'A** F**** pour la Réunion>
Ah oué Bon bon ... je retourne regarder les images de plages au sable fin bordées de cocotiers de DnL :/

Monde cruelllllllllllllllllllleuhhhhhhhhhhhh

P.S. : ca va se payer Cocyte !!

@Melt j'espère que la selection ne sera pas totalement aléatoire cela favoriserait trop ceux qui on fait beaucoup de demandes...
Enfin bon je n'ai pas posté non plus sur le forum officiel, et je ne suis même pas inscrite avec ce pseudo ...
j ai du être deco, au bout d un moment plus personne parlait et ça en plein milieu d une question, pourtant j ai pas eu de message

mi juin 5000 beta testeur en +, hâte d y être, j espère que cette sélection sera aléatoire, parce que j ai pas encore posté de message sur leur forum, si c est un des critères, chui mal barré
pareil que toi melt , donc on est mal barrés ... il faut bien qu'ils fassent une sélection sur quelque chose , et ca ne sera pas sur le nombre de posts sur Jol
Message supprimé par son auteur.
Citation :
<Vuuar> For sure.. Depend of the power of the caster and the power of the warrior...I read that DnL will be a mago land... In that vieo you don't see any special fight system from warriors.. For sure i will read that DnL will be a Warrior land too..
ca me rassure, c'etait LA question que je me posais

Etant donné que le dev chat a été reporté plus tard dans la soirée, et que mon salopio de prof ma rajouté une heure ce matin de 8 à 9 ... Ben j'ai pas pu venir

Mais c'est pas grave, que de bonnes nouvelles !
je trouve quand même dommage que la question des maccros soit d'actualité et en bonne voie d'etre implementé, ca tue un jeu je trouve enfin, sinon le reste youpiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Comme d'hab je trouve très décevant qu'on n'ait aucune info sur la politique... Idem pour l'absence de questions (ou de réponses seulement ?) sur les races et les classes.

Par contre je suis content que la question des dates ait été posée et qu'il y ait eu une réponse franche.

A part ça, j'espère moi aussi faire partie des 5000 nouveaux béta testeurs, bien que je n'aie jamais posté sur le forum officiel...
Ba pour moi y a une bonne nouvelle et une mauvaise nouvelle:

-La bonne il compte sortir le jeu rapidement.

-La mauvaise il laisse plein de chose pour après la release et ça ça me rappel des mauvais souvenir de béta payante.
hmm si ils sortent un jeu avec assez de promesses mises en place pour etre original , et stable coté client comme coté serveur , moi ca me suffit , il ne faut pas etre trop gourmand a la sortie

le dernier MMO qui n'as pas eu ces problemes a sa sortie etait ... etait ... il n'y en as jamais eu ( dans ceux que j'ai testé en tout cas )
Citation :
Provient du message de Nahelle
C'est la fête des smiles cette interview.
Il fallait bien que je trouve quelque chose à critiquer

Il lui faut bien un signe de ponctuation à vuuar quand meme non?
Il aurait été intéressant de savoir s'il y aurait une "ville renégat" où Dark et Light se côtoient, ou bien une "ville renégat" par alignement.
Hum que de bon dans tout cela. le plus dur c'est d'attendre maintenant...

J'aime bien celle-là:
Citation :
< Vuuar > Décembre me parait une bonne date pour un lancement, c'est pourquoi janvier a été donné à la presse…

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés