Interview Jason Athelan sur aoc

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Jason "Athelan" Stone answers our questions about the things that truly matter in Age of Conan

51hqnvyMZqL.jpg

As the launch of Funcom's Age of Conan looms over the horizon and there's really nothing exciting to shit talk in the MMO genre at this time. I figured it would be a good time to reach out to Jason "Athelan" Stone , Game Designer for Age of Conan and an awesomely accessible gentleman for the low budget and unkown gaming website, to get into his head to find out about things the things that really intrigue me about Age of Conan.

Everyone wants to know everything they can about Age of Conan before the launch such as PVP mechanics, system requirements, DirectX 10 support, how does shield blocking work, when is open beta and should I buy the pre-order with the Mammoth or the Rhino, but I'm not the kind of guy who wastes time investigating things that will be clearly identified in the game manual next month.

If you're interested in reading all that shit for the 15th time with a different twist on the same topic, you're out of luck. What I want to talk about is titties, sex, Arnold Schwarzenegger, MMO's failing at launch, breaking NDA's, more titties and to find out which Funcom employee is voted most likely to have a nervous breakdown when the game comes out this May.

While I'm still personally on the fence about whether or not I'll be playing Age of Conan for the long haul because new MMO's have in general been a let down for quite some time, I will definitely be buying the game and checking it out because while not "Revolutionary or Next-Gen", to use the token industry buzzwords, it does things that have not been done before, at least with any overwhelming success. Most importantly, boobs.. and sex.. blood and violence.. you know, the things that make video games blockbuster hits. I also figure that if I could buy Vanguard and play it for a month before quitting, it only goes uphill from there.

Ok, here it is, and thanks Jason...

61tQ1fr99PL.jpg

Zergwatch: Alot of times the subject comes up about "How is AoC different from World of Warcraft?" Surely, you hope to win over existing WoW fans who may actually enjoy the game. In what ways would you say your game is like WoW for those people?

Jason: WoW was interesting in the fact it took what was already established about MMO's and made it polished and approachable. What once was the realm of the young male college kid or an early career and single geek like myself fast became an entertainment option that everyone was a part of. We have certainly tried to copy this to make the game accessible for people and to step up our levels of polish. You have all the standard RPG and fantasy MMO elements that have been around since the crossover from the MUD days when it comes to Items, Quests, Stats, Classes etc. But we have also done some re-working of interface options and whatnot to make it more familiar to those who played WoW.

Zergwatch: Age of Conan has had several delays now. Warhammer has now had a few. Delaying MMORPG's for a more polished launch seems to be in vogue since last year's disaster which was Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Do you think the industry now suffers from a Vanguard effect where publishers want to be extra certain their game is ready before launch, or are MMORPG delays just business as usual?

Jason: Really the first thing we have to say about any talks of delay is "Remember Anarchy Online Launch". We have under our belts what is argued to be one of the worst if not THE worst MMO launches of all time. Far before Vanguards struggles last year Funcom had already been there. So first to show our own growth and commitment we want to push the level of polish and not see a repeat. However, tying into the first question with more people playing MMO's and not just the hardcore junkies, consumers are more demanding about the level of polish that needs to be in a product in order to play it. Gone are the days where having 100,000 hardcore users was considered wild success when WoW blows everything away with its over 8,000,000 as development time and cost spirals to reach increasing consumer drive.

Zergwatch: When you are building an MMORPG like Age of Conan, surely your eyes must wander around and see the events unfolding in the industry as MMO after MMO gets released with lackluster results. Do poor launches by other games affect in any way, the business decisions or creative direction of your game?

Jason: Definitely, anyone who does not try to learn from others mistakes while doing their own development is just an ostrich with their head stuck in the sand. One of the things you have to realize on the dev side is we ALWAYS want more time. But usually business reasons or publishing reasons or partnership reasons etc, the game has to go out and often does so early. Having these examples to show people why releasing early is a bad idea is great for us to get the time to do it "right". On the flip side, an MMO is never truly complete which is its own curse as much as its own blessing, so picking when it is right to release it can be a guessing game.

519kfoOF7vL.jpg

Zergwatch: In America, Age of Conan's big media shock is its breasts and nipples. In Europe, they seem to take issue with violence. Funcom defends the design decision to include both in this game by claiming to stay true to the lore of Conan. In the Conan lore, there was also sex and rape among other things. Exactly how close do you intend to stick to the lore?

Jason: We have tried to stick to the lore as closely as we can. Things like racism, slavery, sex, drug use, and rape are present in the world where appropriate but as background color. You don't turn the corner and see an infamous Tijuana donkey show in an alley, but in interacting with NPC's and conversing with them you will definitely hear stories and background information that is filled with adult content. Players never themselves become involved directly in slavery, rape, or sex for example. Talked about before is that the first NPC you meet is a prostitute and you save her. When you get to town she offers you a reward, it is alluded to what type of reward she is offering as that is her profession but if you go down the path of innuendo she has to leave because a paying customer comes by and freebies come second. Of course the freebie never actually happens but the topic is still broached. We also took a stance making women on equal footing with men in the game while most women in Hyborea were simply practically naked waifish sextoys, while a few of them were much much more like Belit.

Zergwatch: Maybe it's just the American perception of the outwardly sternest appearance and strong Germanic accents of Northern Europeans, but after watching several videos and interviews with the European guys, they come off as being, ironically enough, a bit like Arnold Schwartzenegger's Terminator character. Was the team able to pull off any of the subtle humor we saw in the movies and make it work in the game?

Jason: There are definitely a few areas in the game where its an obvious one-liner. Especially with the amount of voice work we have tried to put in the game there are some very funny parts. Most of the humor actually has to be subtle because Conan does not lend itself well to overt, slapstick, or pop culture humor like you can see in some other MMO's

Zergwatch: Every now and then, on YouTube, an "Age of Conan Beta Gameplay Video" pops up and is removed shortly after. Has this been a problem for you with the closed beta? Who's job is it to sit on You Tube all day refreshing the "Age of Conan" search?

Jason: Usually fan's themselves of the game tell us of the leaks far before we find out about it ourselves. The problem is usually about the fact that regardless of the content it is an NDA violation, and the people tend to stink at making the game look good. Using the video that came out over the shoulder from the PvP reveal at Leipzig. People went nuts whining about how the classes were not balanced etc etc. Then at Dragoncon I played the exact same build and schooled people 1vs2 1vs3 at times with the supposedly "sucky" character. It's all about perception, and in truth Funcom loves machinima, all through our design progress we wanted to see super sweet hard rocking PvP videos and aspired to make a combat system that would allow skilled players to do just that, but most these leaks don't show much or intentionally focus on negative aspects.

Zergwatch: Being an adult themed game with a mature rating with PVP, it's safe to say there's going to be a shit ton of smack talking, trash talking and vulgar language between players. Most MMORPG's do their best to crack down on this behavior. In AoC, will anything go between players or do you intend to follow in the footsteps of past publishers and quell the vocal outcasts?

Jason: It depends, anything that goes into the realm of harassment, be it in the form of swearing, racial insults, spamming etc will still be deal with by Customer Service. But we are not going to ban someone for saying f*** you etc.

Zergwatch: Usually when MMORPG trash talking occurs, most chalk it up to "The 12 year old kid using dad's credit card to play". Do you think your > game will settle this debate once and for all and prove that adults are just as responsible for the lower rung of social etiquette in MMORPG's as the kids?

Jason: For a brief time before the department was down sized at SOE I was the Community Manager for Casual Games. This means I worked with everything from Wheel of Fortune to Infantry and Cosmic Rifts. This might sound like a segway but it really is interesting. I had so many problems with the 30+ year old cliques of women who were from Wheel of Fortune. It was a nightmare, I had one lady send an entire ream of paper from Australia with printed out bulletin board posts supposedly proving that I was having a love affair with another lady and so was acting unjustly against her. In contrast with the 15yr olds playing the free action shooter game Infantry I could simply show up and say "Hey knock it off" and 90% of the time they listened. What creates *******s on the internet is not someone's age, its someone's ability to hide being their anonymity. It gets worse the more people get online and realize they can get away with it. Playing Call of Duty 4 on Xbox live last week I joined a match and every word out of these two guys mouth was "N this" "N that" "my N". Maybe if there was a "fair" way to put in a digg or ebay type feedback system that eventually squelches peoples ability to type on public channels the MMO space would become more mature in appearance but until there is accountability that is enforceable bad behavior will continue to come from all types.

Zergwatch: Question #9...

Jason: 9. 9 oh 9 where did my question 9 go.

Zergwatch: WTF, were you expecting a 60 minutes quality interview? Did you think I was Barbara Walters?

Zergwatch: If you had switch your job to the art department, which job would you rather have? The artist who gets to texture the breasts.. The modeler who got to design them or the QA tester who makes sure they jiggle just right when you run?

Jason: I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, which makes it hard to explain things sometimes to artists. But I suppose if I had to pick one of these options I would say the modeler because I envy their ability so much and getting to look at pictures of hot women and claim it was research sounds even better than my job.

Zergwatch: Have the recent media attacks on video game violence had any impact on the direction of the game? Has there been any incidents where public advocacy groups or decency groups have made any motions your way? I personally think those need more sex in their IRL lives. What about you?

Jason: We have not let the media or the political controversy affect what we were doing at all. We decided that to get caught up in that would simply lead to us making something that compromised to the point of having no identity, and it was better for us to do our best presentation of how Howard's world was. It really does blow me away, at Gencon parents would want to bring their young kids into the booth not caring at all about blood, dismemberment, and decapitation, but the mere mention of a breast would make them run away from the booth in fear. I saw the new Rambo movie, arguably the most bloody and savage film I have ever seen, sitting one row behind me was a pair of parents with two young boys could not have been older than 6-7. Both kids were traumatized and the parents just kept telling them "its just pretend". I personally think children who are old enough to know that violence is wrong are not going to be violent just because they played video games. If a kid ends up being violent its going to be for a lot of other reasons that require professional help and the love and presence of their family. I heard at one point that the number of shootings has not gone up disproportionately in schools, but the accuracy in those shootings which results in injury or death has risen dramatically. People are not necessarily more violent, but now they aim better. I wish we had better answers but there is a whole world of "grown ups only" stuff out there and the only way to really keep kids out of it is better enforcement in the home and maybe mass usage of biometrics.

Zergwatch: Why doesn't Funcom have an animated and witty PR spokesperson with an English accent out there hyping up the game?

Jason: I guess I am as close as it gets and I am a bit too geeky being a designer I suppose. Oh well the life of the rock star was never for me.

Zergwatch: As you said to me outside this interview, the curtousey of crediting other MMO publishers seems to have died after the developers of WoW initially credited and thanked Everquest. If you were writing the credits today and such practice was still acceptable in the industry, who would be in the AoC credit list?

Jason: I hate to sound sappy and just wanting a big industry group hug but seriously. We are all gamers (I hope) and we are all doing this because we love games and wanted to work with something we love. We all want to play everyone else's games and try to find ways to get into Beta not for corporate spying or conspiracy but just because we all fiend for the new. Sadly as the industry grows and becomes more corporate, just like our own studios the feeling of the industry itself changes and becomes less friendly and familial. I would have to put the Blizzard guys in the credits, as WoW has been an addiction for many of us and done great things for the industry. I would want to thank the CCP guys as EvE has a lot of great lessons in it about how to build community supporting dynamics. Also the WolfPack/Ubisoft guys for Shadowbane as it was a great example of again dynamic community and PvP elements. All the guys who worked on all the singleplayer/fighting/action games that inspired us, really the list could go on and on.

Zergwatch: When Conan finally launches and the pre-launch anxiety and stress have subsided, which higher up team member is most likely to just lock themselves in their office and not speak to anybody for the next 12 months?

Jason: I vote for Gaute. and some of our programmers, they have dedicated so much of their lives to this project now I think they will just want to disappear to a mountaintop and hide.

51t6B149dbL.jpg

Zergwatch: Well, I hope these questions are more acceptable than our first set. I can't really water things down more without adding a bunch of questions about screenshots, beta numbers and game mechanics. My final question is probably the most important one. Do you think Arnold will play Age of Conan? Has there been any attempts to contact him or to get his endorsement of the game?

Jason: Arnold in his position as governor is one of the non violent game protesters so I don't seem him playing the game. I would have died to have a sound clip of him asking for Beta but it will never happen.

Zergwatch: Ok I lied.Last Question. If Arnold did play Age of Conan, do you think he would be a ruthless trash talking PVPer on the FFA server or would he go the PVE and Raiding route? I personally think he'd be the role player who picks up the doods pretending to be chicks..

Jason: I think he would be the level 21 guy who stumbles into the Border Kingdoms and gets steamrolled by a guild on the warpath then quits in frustration.

lien http://www.zergwatch.com/News-954/Ag...-answered.html
Mais omg quoi comment il fait pour pas poser une seule question sur les BK !!

Est ce que schwarzy va jouer a AoC mais omfg c'est quoi ces question !

/prend du prozac
Citation :
Publié par Vindor
Mais omg quoi comment il fait pour pas poser une seule question sur les BK !!
Mais c'est tout un art, mon ami ! Et chez Funcom, on sait faire de l'art. Mais pour reprendre Grosnick : "ils veulent garder secret les super features qui vont se faire copier sinon et qui vont faire d'AoC le jeu ultra-super-hallucinant et mettre les autres MMo au rang de pong en couleur !"
Je trouve que c'est une interview plus qu'original... Ouais je sais ca ne parle pas vraiment du jeu en lui même, des BK, tu tissage de sort ou de toute manière ils auraient répondu à côté ...
J'ai du temps à perdre.

Si les rédac' sont surchargés/n'ont pas trop le temps, je veux bien proposer une traduction complète d'ici une heure. Euh, si ça intéresse des gens, aussi, sinon hein, bonbon !
L'heure est passée !
J'attends.

Plus sérieusement, j'ai pas tout capté, mais de ce que j'ai pu voir, le plus intéressant, c'est les screens.

Aha !
Aha.
Aha...
Yop ,

première partie, mes côtes de porc attendent - et ma copine aussi.

D'avance pardon pour les éventuelles fautes d'orthographe et les maladresses. Enjoy.

Citation :
Jason Stone, dit Athelan, répond à nos questions sur les caractéristiques majeures de AoC.

Alors que le lancement de Age of Conan (FunCom) plane à l’horizon et qu’au jour d’aujourd’hui, faut pas déconner avec les rumeurs dans le monde du MMO, je me suis dit qu’il était temps de passer voir Jasons Stone, dit Athelan, le Game Designer d’Age of Conan et gentlemen plutôt accessible, même pour notre site web inconnu et à petit budget, et de le cuisiner au sujet de trucs qui m’intriguent vraiment dans Age of Conan.

Tout le monde veut en savoir le plus possible sur Age of Conan avant la release. Les rouages du PvP par exemple, ou encore la machine qu’il faudra pour faire tourner le jeu, comment le block au bouclier fonctionne, pour quand est prévue la Beta Open, et en fait, j’hésite… La précommande avec le Mammouth, ou celle avec le Rhino ?
Mais je ne suis pas le genre de mec qui perd du temps avec le genre de trucs qui seront clairement expliqués dans le manuel de jeu, le mois prochain.

Si lire tout ce bordel pour la 15ième fois avec pour seul changement un détail sans importance vous intéresse, dommage pour vous. Ce dont j’veux parler, c’est de nichons, de cul, d’Arnold Schwarzenegger, de MMO qui font un bide au lancement, de NDA break, de nichons encore, et de savoir quel employé de FunCom risque de friser la dépression nerveuse en Mai, lors de la release.

Alors que je suis toujours en pleine hésitation quand à savoir si je jouerai à Age of Conan ou non pendant longtemps parce que les MMO récents sont généralement tombés au oubliettes pour un moment, pas de doute, j’achèterai le jeu pour le tester au moins. Parce que ça a beau ne pas être révolutionnaire ou un jeu nouvelle génération, pour parler en termes techniques, on y retrouve des choses inédites dans le monde du MMO, et c’est bien fait c’est le moins qu’on puisse dire. Capital : les nichons… et le cul, et le sang, et la violence… vous voyez, les ingrédients qui transforment un jeu vidéo en Hit. Je me dis aussi que si je pouvais acheter Vanguard et arriver à y jouer un mois avant d’arrêter, ça ne pourrait qu’être mieux.

Bref, passons aux choses sérieuses, merci Jason…

[IMAGE]

Zergwatch: Une question revient toujours à propos de la « différence entre AoC et World of Warcraft ». C’est logique, vous espérez récupérer une partie des fans de WoW, mais en quoi diriez vous que votre jeu est comme WoW pour ces gens là ?

Jason : Ce qui est intéressant dans WoW c’est qu’il a repris pas mal de caractéristiques dans le monde des MMO, en les améliorant côté technique gameplay. Ce qui à l’époque était le royaume de l’étudiant en fac ou du jeune actif célibataire qui mène une vie de geek comme moi, est vite devenu un exemple de loisir auquel tout le monde participait. On a clairement essayé de reproduire cet aspect pour rendre le jeu accessible à tous et toujours l’améliorer. On y retrouve les grands classiques du RPG et des MMO fantasy qui ont fait le succès de certains jeux depuis la nuit des temps côté Objets, Quêtes, Stats, Classes etc.
Ceci dit, on a aussi retravaillé le système d’interface de manière à la rendre assez familière aux joueurs de WoW.

Zergwatch: Age of Conan a été retardé à plusieurs reprises. Idem pour Warhammer. Le report dans les MMO, pour une release plus réussie, semble être à la mode depuis le désastre de l’a dernier avec le flop de Vanguard. Vous pensez que l’industrie du jeu souffre aujourd’hui de l’Effet Vanguard, à l’heure où les éditeurs veulent être sûrs à 100% que leur jeu est prêt avant de le lancer sur le marcher, où les reports ne sont-ils que des coups médiatiques ?

Jason : Bon la première chose qu’on peut dire sur les Repports c’est : “Rappelez vous la release de Anarchy Online”. On a sur notre CV ce qui connu une des pires, voire la PIRE release de MMO de tous les temps. Bien avant la noyade de Vanguard de l’an dernier, FunCom y est passé. Donc, le report est à considérer avant tout comme une preuve du fait que nous avons mûri et que nous sommes très impliqués, et que nous souhaitons peaufiner le jeu au maximum pour éviter un goût de déjà vu.
Cependant, pour revenir à la première question sur le fait que de plus en plus de gens jouent aux MMOs et qu’on ne compte pas que des junkies et hardcore gamers, les consommateurs sont plus exigeants au niveau de la qualité de finition que doit afficher un jeu pour les satisfaire. Le temps où compter 100 000 hardcore gamers était considéré comme un succès total est révolu devant les plus de 8 000 000 de joueurs de WoW, où les coûts de développement ne cessent d’augmenter pour plaire aux attentes grandissantes des consommateurs.

Zergwatch: En développant un MMORPG comme Age of Conan, vous ne pouvez pas ignorer le reste de l’industrie du MMO, ou jeux après jeux, les releases ses suivent et affichent des résultats trop peu satisfaisants. Est-ce que ces flops ont un quelconque impact sur vos décisions marketing ou l’orientation créative de votre jeu ?

Jason : Clairement : oui. Ne pas s’efforcer d’apprendre des erreurs des autres alors qu’on développe un jeu revient à faire l’autruche, la tête dans le sable. Une des choses qu’il faut comprendre au développement, c’est qu’on veut TOUJOURS davantage de temps. Mais souvent, pour des raisons d’ordre marketing ou éditoriale ou d’engagements au près des partenaires, le jeu doit sortir et il sort souvent un peu tôt. Disposer de tels exemples pour montrer au public que sortir un jeu trop tôt est une mauvaise idée est un véritable plus, ça nous donne du temps pour « bien faire ». D’un autre côté, un MMO n’est jamais vraiment terminé, c’est un principe de base du MMO qui lui fait autant de bien que de mal. Du coup, trouver le bon moment pour le sortir en magasin peut-être un coup de chance.

Zergwatch: Aux Etats Unis, ce qui choque les média dans Age of Conan sont les fortes poitrines et les tétons. En Europe, le problème semble être la violence. L’argument principal de FunCom quand à la conservation de ces choix design lors de la release repose sur la fidélité aux légendes de Conan. Légende qui incluait aussi le sexe et le viol, entre autre. A quel point comptez vous rester fidèle au monde de Conan ?

Jason : On essaye de rester fidèle autant que possible. Les choses comme le racisme, l’esclavage, le sexe, la consommation de drogues et le viol sont présents là où c’est pertinent, et pas comme spécificité constante du background. On ne voit pas la pire des horreurs au détour de n’importe quelle allée, mais lors de conversations avec des PNJ vous entendrez sans aucun doute des histoires et des info concernant le background pleines trucs déconseillées aux mineurs. Les joueurs eux même ne sont jamais directement concernés par l’esclavage, le viol ou le sexe par exemple. Comme on l’a déjà dit, le premier PNJ que vous rencontrez est une prostituée que vous sauvez. En arrivant en ville, elle vous offre une récompense, et on comprend vite de quel type de récompense il s’agit au vue de sa profession, mais la conversation, bien que pleine d’insinuations, débouche sur le fait qu’elle doive filer parce qu’un client qui paye se présente et qu’ils passent en premier : les tours gratuits passent en second. Bien entendu, vous n’aurez jamais droit à votre tour gratuit, mais on ne s’éloigne pas du sujet. Nous avons aussi choisi de mettre les femmes et les hommes sur un pied d’égalité, alors que les romans les présentent comme de simples sextoys, toutes à poil.

Zergwatch: De temps à autres, une vidéo sur le gameplay d’Age of Conan est uploadée sur Youtube, avant de se faire enlever rapidement. Sont-elles source de problème alors que nous en sommes à la Beta Fermée ? C’est le job de qui de rester toute la journée devant youtube pour faire en sorte que seules les vidéos officielles apparaissent sur le site ?

Jason: En règle générale, les fans eux même nous préviennent bien avant que nous trouvions ces vidéos. Le problème est que quelque soit le contenu de ces vidéos, le fait qu’elles soient uploadé constitue une violation de la clause de non divulgation (NDA) et le résultat n’embelli pas vraiment le jeu, cf. les nombreuses vidéos amateurs prises lors des démonstrations de PvP à Leipzig. Les joueurs ont craqué et ont commencé à se plaindre du manque d’équilibre entre les classes etc etc. Puis à Dragoncon, j’ai joué le même template et il m’est arrivé de sortir victorieux de 1vs2 ou 1vs3 avec mon personnage supposé être nul. Tout dépend de quel point de vue on se place. Tout le long du développement, nous avons voulu créer un système de combat qui permettrait à un joueur « skilled » (maîtrisant son personnage, ndt) de pouvoir s’en sortir dans de telles situations, mais la plupart de ces vidéos ne reflètent pas la réalité ou se concentrent sur les aspects négatifs.

Zergwatch: La thématique du jeu et son contenu étant réservé à un public adulte en plus d’un PvP développé, nul doute sur le fait qu’on peut s’attendre à une putain de tendance à s’engueuler, à jurer et à des conversations vulgaires entre joueurs. La plupart des MMORPG s’évertuent à punir ce type de comportement. Dans AoC, y aura-t-il une chasse à la vulgarité comme le font déjà les autres équipes de jeux, ou tout sera-t-il permis ?

Jason : ça dépend, tout ce qui relève du harcèlement, qu’il s’agisse d’insultes, de racisme, de spamming (remplir l’écran de chat de texte de manière répétitive pour le rendre illisible et gêner les autres, ndr) etc sera contrôlé et sanctionné par le Service Client. Mais on ne bannira personne pour avoir dit Va te faire foutre etc.
Suite et fin après les côtes de porc.
Rhooo comment il est motivé le Saphide
Je voudrais la même en basque et en breton, c'est possible ?

En tout cas, sont balaises chez FC, ils réussissent bien à couvrir des pages et des pages, sans rien dire Non parce que autant de blabla sans AUCUN élément de gameplay, pour un JV, faut le faire, d'autant plus que tout tourne autour du setting ultra secret développé par ... Howard and co
juste pour dire merci aux traducteur de ce post et des autres !!!

Sympa car sans vous je serais paumé
Uhuh bah pas de quoi. J'ai beaucoup de retard sur la plupart d'entre vous donc si j'peux en lire davantage sur le jeu... J'me prive pas !

Donc, suite et fin de la trad', c'est ici !

Citation :
Zergwatch: D’habitude, quand les conversations dégénèrent, on met ça sur le dos du “gosse de 12 ans qui a piqué la CB de papa pour jouer”. Pensez vous que votre jeu va en finir avec ce débat, et montrer que les adultes sont tout aussi responsables que les plus jeunes quand à la réputation de cette catégorie de joueurs que l’on colle aux MMORPGS ?

Jason: J’ai été le Community Manager pour les Casual Games à SOE pour une courte période. Ce qui veut dire que je m’occupait de Wheel of Fortune à Infantry and Cosmic Rifts. Ça peut paraître ennuyeux, mais c’est vraiment intéressant. Vous n’imaginez même pas le nombre de soucis que j’ai eu avec les femmes de 30 ans et plus, de Wheel of Fortune. Un vrai cauchemar, une fois une Australienne m’a envoyé une ramette de papier entière imprimée, documents qui étaient supposés prouver que je couchais avec une autre dame, et que du coup, je n’avais pas été juste avec elle. Maintenant, quand au ados de 15 ans qui jouaient aux FPS, je n’avais qu’à me montrer et dire « Hey, on arrête les conneries », et ça marchait les trois quart du temps. Ce qui génère les embrouilles sur internet ce n’est pas l’age, mais la capacité de certains à se cacher derrière leur anonymat. Et ça empire au fur et à mesure que les gens réalisent qu’ils peuvent s’en tirer aussi facilement. Je jouais à Call of Duty 4 sur Xbox live, l’autre jour, et durant un match y’avait ces deux là dont un mot sur deux était une insulte. Peut-être que s’il y avait un moyen impartial de blâmer ces fauteurs de troubles, un peu comme sur ebay, alors l’environnement des MMO semblerait plus mature. Pour l’instant, c’est impossible.

Zergwatch: Question #9...

Jason: 9. 9 oh 9, où est-ce qu’elle est passée celle là…

Zergwatch: WTF, tu t’attendais à une interview de 60 minutes sans failles ? Tu m’as pris pour Barbara Walters ?!

Zergwatch: Les attaques récentes des media sur la violence dans les jeux ont-elles eu un impact sur le développement du jeu ? Vous a-t-on directement visé ? Je pense que ceux là sont en manque de sexe IRL. Qu’en pensez-vous ?

Jason: Réponse à la première question : non. On s’est accordé sur le fait que rentrer dans l’engrenage de la politique et des media affecterait trop notre travail. On tient à respecter le monde d’Howard. Ça me fout en l’air, vraiment. A Gencon, les parents voulaient emmener leurs enfants avec eux, et peu importe le sang, les démembrements ou les décapitations. Mais dès lors qu’il s’agissait de poitrine, ils quittaient le stand effrayés. J’ai vu le dernier Rambo, au cinéma, peut-être le film le plus sanglant et brutal que je n’ai jamais vu, et juste devant moi y’avait ce couple et leurs deux enfants. 6, 7 ans, pas plus. Les gosses étaient traumatisés, et leurs parents leur répétaient « mais c’est pour de faux, allons ». Personnellement, je pense que les enfants qui sont assez vieux pour comprendre que la violence c’est mal ne vont pas devenir violents à cause d’un jeu vidéo auquel ils jouent. Si un gosse devient violent, c’est le résultat d’une multitude de facteurs qui nécessitent l’aide d’un professionnel et l’amour et la présence de sa famille.
Vous l'aurez remarqué, j'ai zappé les quelques dernières questions, car c'est bien simple, ça ne parle ni du jeu, ni DE jeu. Et ça parle même de Schwartzy
Puis y'a la Star Ac' qui commence quoi, oh.

@Aphex : je peux te faire ça en Patois landais si tu veux
Et mort de rire quand à la couverture. Prochaine fois que j'me lance dans une trad' d'interview je la lis d'abord ! J'ai halluciné là, chaque question j'me disais : la prochaine c'est la bonne. Ben non. P'tain.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés