Gaile Gray - changement de position

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Publié par http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Gaile_Gray
31 March 2008
The Times, They Are a’Changin’
I’ve been with ArenaNet for more than 7 years now. I first met the co-founders in their splendid offices in November of 2000. (Ok, “splendid offices” = Mike O’Brien’s apartment.) We first met to discuss the possibly of my working on a contract writing/editing job for the company. They asked me to sign an NDA. I glanced at it for about 2 seconds, pointed out a couple of typos, and got myself the contract. It’s been fun and games *nudge* ever since.

I added ArenaNet Community Relations Manager to my job description less than a year later. Since then, I’ve served in a lot of roles, many of them concurrent, ranging from alpha test manager, support liaison, web producer, party and event planner, writer/editor, and E3 producer to team shirt organizer, fansite program manager, PR and Marketing assister, holiday candy supplier, post-festival treat baker, keeper of 11 email accounts, proprietor of 9 Guild Wars accounts, wrangler of 30+ miniatures, and a few other things I’ve forgotten about in the haze of time.

I can’t seem to do anything by halves, and to be honest, after several years, 70-hour weeks catch up with anyone, no matter how much she loves her job. I’m really excited about Guild Wars 2, and I know it’ll be great. But this is a good time—for me and for ArenaNet—for me to move to a different role.

I talked to Jeff Strain about other opportunities within the company, because as you can imagine, I definitely want to stay connected to the community and the dev team. It turns out that there is a way for me to remain involved with ArenaNet—and to keep working with and on behalf of the folks I care about so much—while meeting my objective of scaling back just a tad.

So starting April 7, I’m going to be moving to the position of ArenaNet Support Liaison. This newly-created role will allow me to fulfill my passion for helping players and most importantly, since this will be my focus, I hope to be able to offer a significant contribution towards making our player support system even better in the future.

I will probably take a look at redesigning my wiki section to emphasize the way that you can relay your support issues and concerns. I’ll use the wiki, email, or fan forum PMs to follow up on support matters when necessary. And you know me—I’m always up for a little chit-chat, too—so do stop on by and say “howdy” from time to time. For while I won’t be the person to give you the latest hint on GW2, or to answer the eternal question about hairdressers, I might be the person who can solve the riddle of an account ban, or get the word to the devs when there’s a newly-discovered exploit.

Now, I need to say straight out that I’m not going to be the first level of appeal for support actions. Please continue to use the Support System for questions about blocks and bans and other support issues. They will kick over the issues they want me to help resolve and I’ll keep my eye open for emerging concerns, too. (In other words, there shall be none of that, “If I can’t weasel out of the block through Support, I’ll hit up that soft touch, Gaile.” )

Anyway, that’s the skinny, and I thought I’d share the news. I’ll catch you here, and I’m sure I’ll see you in the game, too, where I’ll be quietly tending my miniature collection and farming those wonderful Chocolate Bunnies and other holiday treats and party goods!
-- Gaile User_gaile_2.png 18:01, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
A partir du 7 avril Gaile passera au poste de Liaison du support avec ArenaNet de manière entre autre à réduire sa charge de travail. Il est vrai que ces derniers temps, les joueurs avaient plus souvent tendance à lui passer et à lui soumettre leurs problèmes concernant le jeu via le wiki et les forums anglais plutôt de que discuter de la communauté ou des évolutions possibles du jeu (ce qui se résume depuis 3 ans aux mêmes réponses évasives et depuis 10 mois à "Pas dans GW1 mais peut-être dans GW2").

Sa tache sera désormais en rapport direct avec le support technique et elle espère pouvoir améliorer les choses pour les joueurs (cela fait quelques mois qu'une bonne partie des commentaires des joueurs sur sa page perso sont en rapport avec l'amélioration du support).

Pas d'info si un(e) nouveau(elle) chargé(e) communautaire sera nommé(e) après cette date.
Citation :
Publié par Ama/Lemniscate
Décidément tout fout l'camp.
D'autres annonces au sujet de l'équipe communautaire US seront faites l'année (temps d'aller au lit) la semaine prochaine.

Source: le site officiel.
Ouais voilà, très bien! Faut réserver les week-ends double kevins au PvE. Marre de devoir double galérer en pvp les "fins de semaine double n'importe quoi".

EDIT:

"... A partir du samedi 5 avril, le grand ami de la Grenouille, le Lapin, organisera une somptueuse fête qui durera trois jours.
Gaile et la Grenouille, qui ont marqué les vies de nombreux Tyriens, Canthiens et Eloniens, seront honorés dans le monde entier à l'Arche du lion, au Monastère de Shing Jea et à Kamadan."

-__- C'est les Téléteubees, ou quoi? Non sérieux .
j'avoue que j'ai du mal à comprendre pourquoi on crée un event pour le départ de Gaile Gray, cette personne n'a jamais fait autre chose que brasser du vent, d'autre part je n'ai pas souvenance qu'elle est permis à un moment ou un autre d'apporter des améliorations notables à GW ? corrigé moi si je me trompe ?
Citation :
Publié par kerrigan
ben ouai, le monde entier la connait, même les pnj Zaichen, GG

fallait bien que quelqu'un se dévoue pour la faire hein!

Ca s'écrit Zaishen. OWNED !! \o/

Bon bon j'arrête de déconner, je connais la sortie.

*sifflote en sortant* ---> []
un farmeur de ZaiShen hein?

honte à moi, je donne mon compte et tout... allez !Zspawn WoW!!

sinon Gaile elle est sympa, elle va vnous manquer alors.

/bowhead

vous avez des screens de Gaile ig?

Guild Wars Game Update Notes http://www.guildwars.com/images/rssicon.jpg

Update - Thursday April 3
Farewell Party for Gaile and The Frog
  • Made preparations for the farewell party for Gaile and The Frog.
  • Beginning at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Friday, April 4, 2008, special event collectors will show up in Lion's Arch, Kamadan, and Shing Jea Monastery.
  • Beginning at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Saturday, April 5, 2008, The Frog will show up every three hours until his final appearance at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Monday, April 7, 2008.
  • The special collectors for this event will remain until the end of the farewell party at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Monday, April 7, 2008.
  • For more information on the event, see the Gaile farewell event page.
General
  • Added the second set of winning weapons and items from the 2007 Guild Wars Design-A-Weapon Contest.
Rolala l'event tout buggé

A 3h, en fr 5 et 6 à l'Arche, le lapin est resté coincé à sa première phrase alors que les autres régions et autres villes avaient déjà fini...
Et il semblerait qu'il se soit passé la même chose à 9h.

Ca sert à rien d'attendre alors -.-
Alors un petit jeu d'émote qui dure environ 10mn, le temps de la conversation/engueulade/concours de rap entre le lapin et la grenouille et durant tout lequel l'effet Megateuf !! est actif (double-point sur les toniques et feux d'artifice). Le jeu donne entre 25 et 30 feux d'artifice si on fait les bons trucs, il est apparemment possible d'en chopper une dizaine en étant AFK mais il faut faire danser le perso ce qui donnera des feux d'artifices pendant la session de rap/hip hop. Rien de bien transcendant mais ça permet de monter le titre un peu plus vite.
Attention aussi a ne pas aller dans une zone avec un trop grand chiffre.

A 15h j'ai attendu 15 minutes la grenouille en région 22 ou 23 je sais plus pour finalement voir venir des joueurs nous dire que la grenouille avait fini de passer.

Si la région se crée après le début de l'event: pas d'event.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés