[Actu] Brèves déclarations de Mark Jacobs

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Publié par Krag Kroc'Nabots
Toutes autres hypothèses concernant le gain d'objets en RvR ( pillage des capitales ) restent à l'heure actuelle pure spéculations.
Je suis a peu près certain que dans ses premières déclarations, MJ classait la qualité du stuff récupérable en fonction de son origine
J'ai pas stocke les news ou les messages correspondants, mais ça doit pouvoir se retrouver
Citation :
Publié par Braknar
De toute façon ça ne pourra pas être pire que le "aller acheter des matériaux chez le PNJ et regarder la barre verte se remplir" de DAOC.
C'est sûr et c'est ce qui rend les annonces de MJ sur le craft à la fois intrigantes et excitantes.
On dirait qu'il veut directement passer de l'alpha à l'oméga d'un jeu à l'autre
Citation :
Publié par septimus
Je suis a peu près certain que dans ses premières déclarations, MJ classait la qualité du stuff récupérable en fonction de son origine
J'ai pas stocke les news ou les messages correspondants, mais ça doit pouvoir se retrouver
C'est peut être cette déclaration non ?

Citation :
Folks,

My thoughts on Collector's Edition, Expansion Packs, Veteran, etc. rewards are actually quite simple:

1) Any thing that you can get by simply buying it (CE,EXP) but that is either more expensive (CE) or in limited quantity cannot be an item that gives a player an advantage in PvP. I believe that if people want to buy a CE like WoW's where they get a nice bit of fluff, they should be able to. However, I draw a major line in the sand when it comes to an item that can give the player an advantage. You could still have a CE-sword (different design, even better effects) but it must have no advantage over a sword that a player can get in the game through questing, PvP, etc.

2) I'm a big believer though in Veteran Rewards both from the fluff side and even if the item can help in PvE (and possibly PvP). I believe that many online game companies haven't done enough to thank their long-term players. At Mythic, we tried to do with the free expansion-packs. One exec at another company (that will go nameless) tried to convince me that Mythic's free stuff was not a good idea and was hurting the industry. We expect to do the same thing with WAR. We want to have a mixture of free stuff and paid stuff and this could also take thf form of some VRs. Now, we need to be very careful here because we don't want a player who got a VR to become "uber" but we do also want to thank him/her for their patronage. MMORPGs are not FPSes, there will always be an advantage for the player that has played longer (assuming two players are equal in real-world skill) as the player who has played longer has gotten access to more stuff in the game (being higher level). I see VR as being no different that that. Again, keep in mind that my progessions would be:

Fluff -> Personal (non-fluff) -> PvE (minor) -> PvE (greater) -> PvP

Where you start by giving fluff and then work your way up to PvP stuff later on.

Mark
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés